Summertime is the perfect time to unleash your inner child. That one who has been trapped indoors all winter. Working too hard. Stressed. Busy. Overwhelmed with responsibility.
It’s easy to do. Be transported back to the carefree days of youth and your stress will melt away. You’ll remember how it feels to smile more often.
Warm weather, beach days, late nights, the musical tune of the ice cream truck circling the neighborhood…Summer activities trigger memories of childhood. You will be reminded of the simpler days when life was about just having fun. Watch your children’s eyes brighten with excitement during the summer, and you’ll see what I mean.
So grab your flip-flops and sunscreen and get outside and enjoy the summer. Don’t wait until Labor Day to realize you missed it.
I guarantee you can feel like a kid again.
Here are 10 easy ways…
1. Ride a bike with a basket attached. Kick those feet up. Bonus points if you have a bell too.
2. Eat a bomb pop. Better yet, get it from an ice cream truck and then eat it. Instantly you’ll be transported to your childhood!
3. Do a cannonball into a pool. Be sure to yell, “CANNONBALL”, as you jump.
4. Host a neighborhood lemonade stand. For both the kids and the grownups. Spike a pitcher of lemonade with Seagram’s 7 and 7 for the adults only and you’ll definitely earn more cash (and make some new friends!).
5. Ride a rollercoaster. For a better ride, put those hands in the air and scream.
6. Light a sparkler. Say “OOOH” and “AHHH”.
7. Do cartwheels on the beach.
8. Hop on a tire swing.
9. Get some cotton-candy and take a giant bite. Let the sugar melt on your tongue. YUM.
10. Soak up the sun with a buddy. A beach day is even better when it’s shared with a friend.